Renting a Pontoon
- Pontoon Nashville does not rent for Bachelor and Bachelorette parties.
- The person responsible for signing the rental contract, waiver, and rental agreement is the sole driver and operator of the pontoon during that rental time.
- The boat must be operated in accordance with Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations including, but not limited to, all laws regarding the use of alcohol and drugs. DUI laws apply and are enforced by TWRA.
- A copy of the Rental Agreement must be kept on the boat during the time of rental.
- The boat will only hold 10 adults. Picking up extra guests that exceed this 10 adult maximum after leaving Rock Harbor Marina will result in a penalty payment, subject to the severity of the incident.
- The boat cannot be rented before sunrise or after sunset.
- The boat may not be taken South past the lock at Old Hickory Lake (approx. 40 miles from Rock Harbor) or North past the Cheatham County Lock (approx. 35 miles). The boat is not allowed to enter the lock in either direction.
Age and License Requirements:
- Driver must be 21 years of age and meet the following requirements.
- Driver must have a valid driver's license, and prior boating experience is recommended. According to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, by law, anyone born after January 1, 1989 also must have an approved boater education certificate.
- A copy of a credit card and driver's license will be held until the boat is returned. During this time an authorized hold of $1000 will be placed on the credit card. Any damages or violations of the contract will lead to a money being taken from the $1000 at the end of the rental time. All other money will be released back to the card.
- It is important to close and secure the front and back door with all riders inside before the boat begins moving.
- No grilling.
- No pets.
- No towing or pulling anything (including but not limited to skiers, tubes, or floats).
- Fireworks and Firearms (including flares) are prohibited.
- No fishing. Fishing equipment is not permitted on the boat at any time.
- The Marina is a "No Wake" Zone as well as the area entering/exiting the Harbor.
- It's unlawful to "wake" another boat or watercraft
- Children 12 and under are required by law to wear a life jacket. We have children sizes available upon request.
- The boat to be returned with a full tank of gas.
- Driver shall not, except in the case of an emergency, place fuel in the gas tank from any source other than Rock Harbor Marine. The Rock Harbor Market carries required marine grade gas from this engine.
- Failure to refill the boat will result in a $100 surcharge plus cost of fuel.
- At the end of your rental time, the boat must be returned cleaned and refueled by the end time.
- Late returns are subject to additional fees.
Late/ Cancellation Policy
- Weekday and weekend rentals must be canceled 14 days prior to the rental date to receive a full refund less $25 cancellation fee.
- If cancellation is made within the 14 day period there is no refund unless the boat is re-rented by another party, then a refund will be issued less $25 cancellation fee.
- If you are late to your reservation, you will forfeit the time on the water. The boat must still be returned at the scheduled time.
- Pontoon Nashville, LLC has a no refund policy - there are no exceptions.
- No trash or litter shall be thrown from the boat. All trash must be secured to keep it from accidentally falling in the water.
- Upon return, all trash must be removed from boat and placed in appropriate trash/recycling receptacles.
- To reserve your boat, the full payment is taken at the time of your reservation.
- You can pay with a credit card (or cash for walk-ups). A credit card (not debit card) is needed at time of rental and an authorized hold of $1000 will be placed on the credit card until the boat is returned. Any damages or violations of the contract will lead to a money being taken from the $1000 at the end of the rental time. If no damages or violations of contract incur during your rental, the deposit will be released and you will not be charged. This card must be present the day of rental.
- Driver/Renter will submit a credit card at the beginning of the rental for Pontoon Nashville to place an authorized hold of $1000. This money will be kept on hold until the boat is returned. Any money owed to Pontoon Nashville due to damages incurred or violations of contract will be taken from this hold at return of the rental. If no damages are incurred and the contract has not been violated, all money will be released upon the boat's return.
- A professional assessment of damages will be made to determine repair cost and the renter will be notified within 5 business days.
- Renter/Driver is responsible for all damages incurred during the rental period.
- If any damages occur as result of the Authorized Driver or the party on the pontoon while the boat is on the water which results in needing a tow or staff of Pontoon Nashville bringing you gas to refuel, a $250 charge will be applied.
- A late fee of $50 per half hour will be charged if the pontoon is not back, refueled and cleaned, by the end of your reservation.
- If due to negligence, there is damage to the boat resulting in it being taken out of rental availability you can be held responsible for both damages and revenue lost while boat is being fixed.
- If the boat is returned in a manner in which the boat will take extra effort to clean, there will be a charge of $150.
Inclement Weather Policy
- If there are inclement weather conditions in the area prior to rental time, then Pontoon Nashville will contact you to give you the option to push the rental to another day during the 2019 rental season. Pontoon Nashville will determine the weather safety at or near Rock Harbor Marine. If the weather turns severe while you are on the water, seek shelter immediately in a safe place or protected shoreline where you can anchor the boat.