Before reserving a pontoon boat, please take some time to read our rental guidelines below. This will ensure you have an enjoyable experience on the water. At this time, Pontoon Nashville does not rent to bachelor or bachelorette parties.**
Age & License Requirements
The Renter must be at least 25 years of age.
The Driver must be 21 years of age, and meet the following requirements:
- Prior boating experience is required to rent with Pontoon Nashville.
- The driver must have a valid driver's license and if required, either a TN boating license, or proof of boating safety checklist. By law according to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, anyone born after January 1, 1989 must have an approved boater education certificate. Please call us if you have any questions or need assistance with attaining needed requirements.
Renting a Pontoon boat
- To reserve your boat, full payment is taken at the time of your online reservation.
- The person responsible for signing the rental contract, waiver, and rental agreement is the sole driver and operator of the pontoon during that rental time unless otherwise specified.
- Each and every person who will be on the pontoon boat during the scheduled rental time must sign a waiver. Based on your level of participation, you will need to sign one of the following: Authorized Driver, Renter or Passenger. If someone does not sign a waiver, they will not be permitted to board the pontoon boat.
- The pontoon boat must be operated in accordance with Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations including, but not limited to all laws regarding the use of alcohol and drugs. DUI laws apply and are enforced by TWRA.
- Each boat will only accommodate 10 or 12 adults (depending on your pontoon reservation). Picking up extra guests that exceeds the adult maximum after leaving Rock Harbor Marina will result in a penalty payment, subject to the severity of the incident.
- A copy of a credit card and driver's license will be held until the boat is returned. During this time an authorized hold of $1,500 will be placed on the credit card. Any damages or violations of the contract during the rental period will lead to a monetary penalty being taken from the $1,500 deposit at the end of the rental time. The remainder of the $1,500 deposit will be released back to the card.
- The pontoon boat may not be taken south past the lock at Old Hickory Lake (approximately 40 miles from Rock Harbor Marina) or north past the Cheatham County Lock (approximately 35 miles). The pontoon boat is not allowed to enter the lock in either direction.
Late Arrival & Cancellation Policy
- Weekday rentals, can be cancelled 72 hours in advance of scheduled rental time with a $150 cancellation charge. All other monies will be refunded.
- Weekend rentals, can be cancelled 2 weeks in advance of scheduled rental time with a $150 cancellation charge. All other monies will be refunded.
- If you are late to your scheduled reservation departure time, you will forfeit that time on the water. The pontoon boat must still be returned at the end of the designated rental time.
- Please view the following safety video: https://www.rentalboatsafety.com/power-boats paying specific attention to "Pontoon / Deck Boats". The informational checklist can be found here: https://www.rentalboatsafety.com/dist/pdfs/uscg_vessel_checklist_pontoon_deckboat.pdf
- Grilling is prohibited.
- Pets are prohibited.
- Towing or pulling anything is prohibited, including but not limited to skiers, tubes, or floats.
- Fireworks and firearms (including flares) are prohibited.
- Fishing and fishing equipment on the pontoon boat is prohibited.
- Children 12 and under are required by law to wear a life jacket. Children sizes are available upon request, however a life jacket for a child under the age of 3 must be provided by a parental guardian.
- The driver shall not, except in the case of an emergency, place fuel in the gas tank from any source other than the Market at Rock Harbor Marina. The Rock Harbor Market carries required marine grade gas for the pontoon boat engine.
- If staff of Pontoon Nashville is needed to bring you gas to refuel while on water, a $500 charge will be applied.
- The Renter is responsible for all damages incurred during the rental period. The Renter must submit a credit card at the beginning of the rental for Pontoon Nashville to place an authorized hold of $1,500. This money will be kept on hold until the boat is returned. Any money owed to Pontoon Nashville due to damages incurred or violations of contract will be taken from this hold at return of the rental. If no damages are incurred and the contract has not been violated, all money will be released upon the boat's return. A professional assessment of damages will be made to determine repair cost and the renter will be notified within five (5) business days.
- If any damages occur as result of the Authorized Driver or any other party members on the pontoon while the boat is on the water, which results in needing a tow, a $500 charge will be applied.
- Adjustable equipment and features on the Pontoon, like the Bimini Sunbrella Top, should remain in the same position as when it was boarded at the Marina. If improper adjustments are made and damages are incurred during the rental period, the Renter/Authorized Driver is responsible for the cost to repair the damaged equipment.
- A late fee of $25 every 15 minutes will be charged on credit card if the pontoon is not back and ready, by the end of your reservation.
- If due to negligence, there is damage to the boat resulting in it being taken out of rental availability you can be held responsible for both damages and revenue lost while boat is being fixed.
- Upon return, all trash must be removed from boat and placed in the appropriate trash or recycling receptacles.
- If the boat is returned in a manner in which the boat will take extra effort to clean, there will be a charge of $150.
Inclement Weather Policy
- There are no refunds for inclement weather conditions. If there are inclement weather conditions, guests can move their reservation to another day during the current season.
- Inclement weather is defined by the National Weather Service as high winds, lighting, or thunder. Pontoon Nashville will determine the weather safety at or near Rock Harbor Marina. If the weather turns severe while you are on the water, seek shelter immediately in a safe place or protected shoreline where you can anchor the boat.