Before reserving a pontoon boat, please take some time to read our rental guidelines below. This will ensure you have an enjoyable experience on the water. At this time, Pontoon Nashville does not rent to bachelor or bachelorette parties.
Renting a Pontoon boat
- Each and every person who will be on the pontoon boat during the scheduled rental time must sign a waiver. Based on your level and role of participation, you will need to sign one of the following: Authorized Driver, Renter, or Passenger. If someone does not sign a waiver, they will not be permitted to board the pontoon boat.
- The person responsible for signing the rental contract, waiver, and rental agreement is the sole driver and operator of the pontoon during that rental time.
- The pontoon boat must be operated in accordance with Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations including, but not limited to all laws regarding the use of alcohol and drugs. DUI laws apply and are enforced by TWRA.
- A copy of the Rental Agreement must be kept on the pontoon boat during the time of rental.
- The boat will only accommodate 10 adults. Picking up extra guests that exceeds the 10 adult maximum after leaving Rock Harbor Marina will result in a penalty payment, subject to the severity of the incident.
- The pontoon boat cannot be rented before sunrise or after sunset.
- The pontoon boat may not be taken south past the lock at Old Hickory Lake (approximately 40 miles from Rock Harbor Marina) or north past the Cheatham County Lock (approximately 35 miles). The pontoon boat is not allowed to enter the lock in either direction.
Age & License Requirements
The driver must be 21 years of age and meet the following requirements:
- The driver must have a valid driver's license. Prior boating experience is recommended but not required. By lay according to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, anyone born after January 1, 1989 must have an approved boater education certificate.
- A copy of a credit card and the driver's license will be held until the boat is returned. During this time an authorized hold of $1,000 will be placed on the credit card. Any damages or violations of the contract during the rental period will lead to a monetary penalty being taken from the $1,000 deposit at the end of the rental time. The remainder of the $1,000 deposit will be released back to the card.
- Grilling is prohibited.
- Pets are prohibited.
- Towing or pulling anything is prohibited, including but not limited to skiers, tubes, or floats.
- Fireworks and firearms (including flares) are prohibited.
- Fishing and fishing equipment on the pontoon boat is prohibited.
- The marina is a "no wake" zone as well as the areas entering and exiting the harbor.
- It's unlawful to "wake" another boat or watercraft.
- Children 12 and under are required by law to wear a life jacket. Children sizes are available upon request, however a life jacket for a child under the age of 3 must be provided by a parental guardian.
- It is important to close and secure the front and back door with all riders inside before the boat begins moving.
- The pontoon boat must be returned with a full tank of gas. Failure to refuel the pontoon boat will result in a $100 fee plus the cost of fuel.
- The driver shall not, except in the case of an emergency, place fuel in the gas tank from any source other than the Market at Rock Harbor Marina. The Rock Harbor Market carries required marine grade gas for the pontoon boat engine.
- At the end of the designated rental time, the pontoon boat must be returned cleaned and refueled by the end of time. Late returns are subject to additional fees.
Late Arrival & Cancellation Policy
- If you are late to your reservation, you will forfeit that time on the water. The pontoon boat must still be returned at the end of the designated rental time.
- Pontoon Nashville has a no refund policy - there are no exceptions.
- No trash or litter should be thrown from the boat. All trash must be secured within the pontoon boat to keep it from accidentally falling in the water.
- Upon return, all trash must be removed from boat and placed in the appropriate trash or recycling receptacles.
- To reserve your boat, full payment is taken at the time of your reservation.
- Guests can pay with a credit card ahead of time or cash is accepted for walk-ups. A credit card (not debit card) is needed at time of rental and an authorized hold of $1,000 will be placed on the credit card until the pontoon boat is returned. Any damages or violations of the contract during the rental period will lead to a monetary penalty being taken from the $1,000 deposit at the end of the rental time. The remainder of the $1,000 deposit will be released back to the card if no damages or violations of contract incur during the rental period. The same credit card used to book a reservation must be present the day of rental.
- The Driver or Renter is responsible for all damages incurred during the rental period. The Driver or Renter must submit a credit card at the beginning of the rental for Pontoon Nashville to place an authorized hold of $1,000. This money will be kept on hold until the boat is returned. Any money owed to Pontoon Nashville due to damages incurred or violations of contract will be taken from this hold at return of the rental. If no damages are incurred and the contract has not been violated, all money will be released upon the boat's return. A professional assessment of damages will be made to determine repair cost and the renter will be notified within five (5) business days.
- If any damages occur as result of the Authorized Driver or the party on the pontoon while the boat is on the water which results in needing a tow or staff of Pontoon Nashville bringing you gas to refuel, a $250 charge will be applied.
- Adjustable equipment and features on the Pontoon, like the Bimini Sunbrella Top, should remain in the same position as when it was boarded at the Marina. If improper adjustments are made and damages are incurred during the rental period, the Renter/Authorized Driver is responsible for the cost to repair the damaged equipment.
- A late fee of $50 per half hour will be charged if the pontoon is not back, refueled and cleaned, by the end of your reservation.
- If due to negligence, there is damage to the boat resulting in it being taken out of rental availability you can be held responsible for both damages and revenue lost while boat is being fixed.
- If the boat is returned in a manner in which the boat will take extra effort to clean, there will be a charge of $150.
Inclement Weather Policy
- There are no refunds for inclement weather conditions. If there are inclement weather conditions, guests can move their reservation to another day during the 2019 season.
- Inclement weather is defined by the National Weather Service as high winds, lighting, or thunder. Pontoon Nashville will determine the weather safety at or near Rock Harbor Marina. If the weather turns severe while you are on the water, seek shelter immediately in a safe place or protected shoreline where you can anchor the boat.