Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where does the pontoon dock?
By water: Rock Harbor Marina - Mile Marker 175
By land: Paddle Up Nashville - 525 Basswood Ave, Nashville, TN 37209
2. Where can I take the pontoon?
When you rent, you have the option of heading north down the Cumberland River towards Ashland City (mile marker 157). There you will find the Riverview Restaurant and Marina. You can also head south on the river toward Downtown Nashville (approximately 16 miles).
3. How fast can the pontoon travel?
That's a good question. In perfect conditions, the pontoon will travel at 20mph. However, once you take into consideration current, level of fuel, number of people on board, etc. that number lowers. We recommend a lower speed to maintain fuel efficiency.
4. Can I drop anchor and park on the river?
Yes, the pontoon has an anchor. However, due to barge traffic NEVER stop in the middle of the river. It is crucial that you steer clear of the barges and commercial traffic, and offer them the right-of-way.
5. Can I park the pontoon Downtown?
Yes, however, the East Dock requires a reservation through Metro Parks at (615) 862-8472.
6. Are pets allowed on the pontoon?
No, pets are not allowed.
8. Where can I fill up with gas as needed?
The only approved gas in range is at Rock Harbor Market in Rock Harbor Marina.
9. What if inclement weather is forecasted on the day of my reservation?
There are no refunds for inclement weather conditions. However, you may move your reservation forward to another date during the 2019 rental season on a comparable reservation day (weekday vs. weekend).
10. Where can I find Tennessee Boating Laws?
You can find them here: https://www.boat-ed.com/boating_law.html
11. Can I wake in the marina?
No, the marina is a "no wake zone". Tennessee laws prohibits wake within the marina limits.
12. Does Pontoon Nashville provide a captain/driver for the boat?
No, Pontoon Nashville does not provide a captain/driver for the boat.
13. If I want to sunbathe or if the sun gets too hot, how do I adjust the shade top?
Adjustable equipment and features on the pontoon boat, like the bimini sunbrella top, should remain in the same position as when it was boarded at the marina. If improper adjustments are made and damages are incurred during the rental period, the Renter/Authorized Driver is responsible for the cost to repair the damaged equipment. Please let us know in advance if you would like adjustments made to the bimini sunbrella top so a staff member can properly handle it.